Identify Your Ultimate User
One of the priority objectives of any business, nowadays, should be to know more about the customer, or in this case the user. If you are trying to adapt your app and services to their interests, you first need to understand who ‘they’ are.
Here is a quick exercise for you to use as you narrow down who you are going after. It will help you to paint a better picture of what this person looks like.
- Name them
- What age are they?
- What is their gender? Or is it a male and a female?
- What do they do for a living? Are they a full-time student? Do they travel a lot? Do they wear a suit every day?
- What is their income?
- Where are they located?
- What are their interests/hobbies? Describe their lifestyle
- What is their purpose for using your app? What problem are they facing?
- What drives them to make purchasing decisions?
- What media are they more likely to use?
Taking into account the ‘ultimate user’ you just created in all decisions can lead to greater focus when choosing a marketing strategy. This specific user will help you narrow your marketing down so that you have greater success in finding the people who will see use in your app and who will download and use it.