You Might Be a Nerd If…
If you dare to admit that you’re a nerd, take the test to find out just how geeky you are! Attempt to answer the questions below and reveal how you rank on our nerdy scale.
Q1: What was the first game on the Nokia phone?
c. Space Impact
Q2: What came first?
b. IBM Simon
c. Palm Treo
Q3: Who created Bluetooth?
a. Jaap Haartsen
b. Steve Jobs
c. Tomislav Uzelac
Q4: Who created the HD-DVD?
a. Sony, Matsushita, and Philips
b. Thomson and Zenith
c. Toshiba and NEC
Q5: What was the internet originally called?
a. The Intergalactic Computer Network
c. World Wide Web
Q6: Have you ever stood in line for an Apple release product?
c. On Multiple Occasions
Q7: Do you remember more IP addresses than phone numbers?
a. what are IP addresses?
b. Definitely, yes
c. eh, not really
Q8: Do you still own an AOL account?
a. Yes, of course
b. Is that AIM?
Q9: When is Star Wars Day?
a. December 18
b. August 1
c. May 4
Q10: What does http:// stand for?
a. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
b. Hyper Text Transmission Protocol
c. Hyper Text Transfer Propriety
Let’s find out how you did!
1. B —Snake first appeared in 1997 on the Nokia 6610
2. B — IBM Simon. In 1992 IBM showcased the IBM Simon at the 1992 COMDEX and introduced the world to the first smartphone.
3. A — Dr. Jaap Haartsen, who invented Bluetooth while working at Ericsson in the 1990s
4. C — HD-DVD was created by Toshiba and NEC — did we trick you with Sony, Matsushita, and Philips, the creators of Blu-Ray?
5. A —The Intergalactic Computer Network
6. A or C — If you answered C, well then we are thoroughly impressed!
7. B — IP addresses are your jam. Phone numbers are what smartphones are meant to keep track of.
8. A — Yes, and you are a damn proud owner of your AOL account.
9. C— May 4 is the 124th day of the year (125th in leap years). There are 241 days remaining. May 4 is often known as “Star Wars Day”. It is jokingly said: “May the 4th be with you.”
10. A — The acronym HTTP stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol – the technology used to communicate between web servers and web users.
Rank yourself on our nerdy scale; amount answered correctly.
8-9: Super Nerd
Thanks for participating!